Jokowi slams officials over poor COVID-19 budget planning and spending, again

first_imgPresident Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has once again expressed his disappointment in his Cabinet over its poor utilization of funds allocated for the country’s COVID-19 response.“Only around Rp 141 trillion has been spent, or 20 percent from the provided budget. That is a very small amount,” Jokowi said prior to a limited Cabinet meeting on Monday. “This shows that ministries and government institutions still do not have a sense of urgency. Officials are still fixated on their day-to-day duties.”He said each minister should plan their budgets in detail, “so that crisis management can be done quickly.” He went on to say that his administration encouraged the Family Welfare Movement (PKK) – a state-sponsored organization comprising community leaders and officials’ wives – to disseminate information on the importance of complying with health protocols, especially the importance of wearing masks, to neighborhood communities.Jokowi also said the Cabinet should be concerned about the country’s high COVID-19 fatality rate. “The country’s fatality rate is 4.7 percent, or 0.8 [percentage points] higher than the global fatality rate. This is something we should all work on,” he said.According to the official government count, Indonesia has recorded 113,134 cases and 5,302 deaths as of Monday.Topics :last_img read more

Mikel Arteta breaks silence on Matteo Guendouzi bust-up rumours

first_imgMikel Arteta breaks silence on Matteo Guendouzi bust-up rumours Advertisement Advertisement Comment Metro Sport ReporterWednesday 19 Feb 2020 8:43 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link3.3kShares Arteta addressed the Guendouzi bust-up rumours (Picture: Getty)But Arteta would not be drawn on whether Guendouzi was left out of the clash with Newcastle was a disciplinary measure.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘It was about the way we train, the way we play, the way we live,’ said Arteta on Wednesday.‘I want the best players for the game and I select them in relation to what I see on a daily basis.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘I just make my team selection and the squad is selected in regards to how they play, how they train and how they behave.‘Every week it will be different. One week it will be on reason, another week it will be another reason.’Will Arsenal beat Olympiacos?Yes0%No0%Share your resultsShare your resultsTweet your resultsMore: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Guendouzi was left out against Newcastle (Picture: Visionhaus)Mikel Arteta refused to confirm or deny his bust-up with Matteo Guendouzi, after reinstating the Arsenal midfielder into the squad for the club’s Europa League clash with Olympiacos on Thursday.Guendouzi was left out of the matchday squad entirely for the 4-0 drubbing of Newcastle and was reportedly dropped after a heated row with the Arsenal manager during the winter training camp in Dubai.Angry words were said to have been exchanged between Guendouzi and Arteta and his staff on the training pitch, with the row continuing later at the team hotel.last_img read more

There are plenty of reasons Trinity Beach has become Cairns’ highest growing suburb

first_imgAerial view of Cairns.MORE and more people are looking to make a move to Trinity Beach and it isn’t hard to see why.Earlier this year, the Australian Bureau of Statistics found Trinity Beach was Cairns’ highest growing suburb for 2016-2017.Ray White Cairns Beaches principal realtor Paul Stirling said interest was growing in beachside apartment blocks, but the suburban house was the most sought-after property.“Trinity Beach has something for everyone and caters to a full range of demographics from young families to mature-age couples,” he said.“It’s well off for infrastructures, has a good shopping centre in Coastwatchers Shopping Centre and good sporting facilities.”Mr Stirling, a Trinity resident himself, said there was a good range of properties available at the suburb, with rentals comprising roughly 30 per cent of the market.“You can buy an apartment for just under $100,000, with the higher-end beachfront apartments going up into the millions,” he said.More from newsCairns home ticks popular internet search terms3 days agoTen auction results from ‘active’ weekend in Cairns3 days ago“Similarly, houses you can buy from the mid-$300,000s to the multi millions. ““There’s an increased level of inquiry for housing thanks to land developments opening up new blocks.”Mr Stirling said a link road connecting Trinity Beach Road to Poolwood Road in the neighbouring Kewarra Beach would improve the suburbs overall accessibility.Trinity Beach Sport Club assistant manager Oliver Scott said the town had a strong local community.“There’s a very relaxed community atmosphere here, at least from what we see,” he said. “We’re a family club and we see a good mix of demographics, particularly young families and older people coming in to watch sport.”Mr Scott said the growth Trinity Beach has gone through over the past few years was noticeable.“It’s progressing all the time, there are a lot of developments at the beachfront like new restaurants, new apartment blocks,” he said.“There are more and more young families coming in.”last_img read more

IADC’s Ria van Leeuwen Visits Mumbai

first_imgLast week IADC’s Ria van Leeuwen visited Mumbai, India, and meet executives from Mumbai Port Trust, DG Shipping, Main Mast Marsec. and B.P. Marine Academy.During the stay, she informed them about the IADC Seminar on Dredging and Reclamation which comes to Asia in November.The seminar is set to take place November 26 – 28, 2019 in the Radisson Mumbai Andheri MIDC.According to IADC, the 3-day course strives to provide an understanding about dredging and reclamation through lectures by experts in the field and workshops.Some of the subjects that will be covered during the seminar includes an overview of the dredging market, the development of new ports and maintenance of existing ports, types of dredging equipment, site and soil investigations, etc.last_img read more

Man nabbed for ‘illegal’ cock derby

first_imgAlberto Siega was taken to the Calatrava municipal police station but his other companions managed to evade arrest.   BACOLOD City – Police arrested a man for illegal cockfighting in Barangay Dolis, Calatrava, Negros Occidental. Recovered from Siega’s possession around 5 p.m. on July 30 were three game fowls and P570 bet money.center_img Charges for violation of Presidential Decree 449 or the Cockfighting Law of 1974 will be filed against the suspect./PNlast_img

Walker urges team to go on run

first_imgKyle Walker has challenged Tottenham to prove their top-four credentials over the festive period. Press Association Walker thinks the defeat at City may have just been the wake-up call that Spurs needed following their slow start to the campaign, though. “It probably was,” the England defender said. “It has come at the right time. Hopefully it kick starts us and we go to where we want to be.” If current form is anything to go on, Fulham will prove to be the ideal opponents for Tottenham. The Cottagers have lost their last six games and their last run out was the dismal 3-0 defeat to West Ham which cost Martin Jol his job. Fulham’s players will be out to impress their new manager Rene Meulensteen, however, and Villas-Boas knows it would be foolish to write the west London club off. “Both teams are looking for a result to bounce back,” the Spurs boss said. “We hope it falls for us and they will be hoping the same. It can launch either team’s season.” The fixture has come to soon for Danny Rose, who has missed the last 15 games with a toe injury. The left-back will return to training later this week, but he may have to wait until the Europa League game against Anzhi Makhachkala on December 12 to make his comeback. Although Spurs have a packed schedule coming up, Villas-Boas will be loathe to make serious changes to his team for the Fulham game after Sunday’s encouraging result. Still, Villas-Boas admits he is pondering a change in formation from 4-2-3-1 to the 4-4-2 system which some fans yearn for so much. “We can probably look at it,” the former Chelsea boss said. “It depends. We have been successful in some way with one off the striker but there is a possibility.” Tottenham suffered their worst defeat in 17 years two weeks ago when they were hammered 6-0 by Manchester City, but morale has been lifted since thanks to a win over Tromso and a creditable 2-2 draw against Manchester United. Spurs played well for the majority of their stalemate with the champions, but manager Andre Villas-Boas knows he will only give his critics more ammunition if his team fail to beat lowly Fulham on Wednesday. Villas-Boas spent over £100million on seven new signings in the summer while the club also invested a lot of money on the players who were already on the books at White Hart Lane. Tottenham recovered from an early wobble to go on a run of one defeat in 17 matches last season, and with the squad they now have at their disposal, Walker thinks they should be able to repeat that kind of streak this year. “I think we can (go on that kind of run) again. With the players we have got, why not?” the Tottenham right-back said. “The players in the dressing room know we have to dig deep, show why we are playing for Tottenham, why we are playing for such a big club, a top-four club and prove to the fans and the gaffer and the chairman why they put the faith in us.” While Villas-Boas was busy railing against his critics in the press conference that followed the United game, his players made a point of declaring they were fully behind their manager. Still, they are not the ones who will decide the manager’s future. The board made it perfectly clear to the Portuguese they were unhappy with the result in Manchester nine days ago. Mousa Dembele described the performance as a “scandal” while Sandro conceded that he had never felt worse following a defeat. last_img read more

Wrestling coach in Washington state fired after mocking George Floyd’s fatal arrest

first_imgA high school wrestling coach in Washington state has been fired after he made an insensitive post in regards to George Floyd’s fatal arrest by a Minneapolis police officer.Dave Hollenbeck, a first-year coach at Bethel High School in Spanaway uploaded a photo to Facebook of himself on the floor, smiling, with a knee to the back of his neck, similar to images of Floyd, a 46-year-old African American man, who died on Monday after being handcuffed and pinned to the ground by a white officer, Derek Chauvin, who had his knee on Floyd’s neck for about eight minutes.Hollenbeck, 44, wrote in the post: “Not dead yet I’m doing this for … police officers the media is a race baiting machine and I’m tired of it I’m going to speak out every time if you don’t like that I’m sorry but I love All people.. Wake up America.”Wrestling coach Dave Hollenbeck’s Facebook post.Dave Hollenbeck / via FacebookSchool officials immediately responded announcing that Hollenbeck has been fired.Douglas Boyles, a spokesman for the school district, said in a statement Thursday “His behavior was not consistent with our equity initiatives and nondiscrimination policies,” the statement said.last_img read more

Placing older players on the field Dhoni’s biggest challenge: Sanjay Bangar

first_imgNEW DELHI: MS Dhoni’s biggest challenge would be how he handles the older players in the Chennai Super Kings squad in the field, according to former India batsman Sanjay Bangar. CSK have in recent years been known for their tendency to field players who are in the twilight years of their career and yet remaining one of the toughest teams to beat in the Indian Premier League (IPL).”MSD as a captain, I know has a lot of experience, he has other experienced players as well, but how will he adjust these experienced players on field is what I am eager to watch,” said Bangar on the Star Sports show Cricket Connected. Bangar said that he doesn’t expect the 39-year-old former India captain to be facing problems in other departments of the game. “I do not think there will be any challenges he will face during batting or bowling with respect to these experienced players. The most challenging aspect will be considering the T20 format is based on athleticism and fielding plays a vital role in this format, how will he manage his senior players placing them on the field. I think this will be the most challenging part as a captain for him,” he said. (IANS) Also Watch: Cyclist Dies in Road Accidentlast_img read more

Indian Premier League Sunrisers Hyderabad’s playoff path in IPL 2019 similar to Chennai Super Kings in 2012

first_imgRoyal Challengers Bangalore ended up with the wooden spoon.Sunrisers Hyderabad will take on Delhi Capitals in the Eliminator.Mumbai Indians will take on Chennai Super Kings in Qualifier 1. Sunrisers Hyderabad’s tally of 12 points is the lowest a team has ever needed to qualify for the playoffs. It needed a couple of results going their way to ensure that they secured a spot in the last four. After losing to Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad needed Rajasthan Royals to lose to Delhi Capitals and Mumbai Indians winning against Kolkata Knight Riders. Both results went their way. In a way, Sunrisers Hyderabad’s journey to the playoffs is similar to how Chennai Super Kings qualified for the playoffs in 2012.Chennai Super Kings get help from Deccan ChargersIn IPL 2012, Chennai Super Kings lost their last league game to Kings XI Punjab at Mohali and Royal Challengers Bangalore, as well as Rajasthan Royals, were on course to secure a top four spot.Deccan Chargers, who were languishing at the bottom of the table, suddenly found form at the right time and defeated Rajasthan Royals to knock them out of the tournament. Delhi Daredevils did Chennai Super Kings major favour by defeating Kings XI Punjab and denting their hopes of a playoff spot. The playoff spot boiled down to the last encounter between Deccan Chargers and Royal Challengers Bangalore at Hyderabad. Deccan Chargers notched up 132/7 thanks to JP Duminy’s 73 and boosted by Dale Steyn’s 3/8 in four overs, Royal Challengers Bangalore lost by nine runs and in a spectacular way crashed out of the playoff race.Chennai Super Kings qualified for the 2012 playoffs and reached the final where they lost to Kolkata Knight Riders. Sunrisers Hyderabad will be hoping that they can capitalise on this second opportunity and repeat their title feat of 2016. For all the Latest Sports News News, Indian Premier League News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.center_img New Delhi: After 56 league games in the 2019 Indian Premier League, the four teams making it to the playoff stages are finally determined. Mumbai Indians, Chennai Super Kings, Delhi Capitals and Sunrisers Hyderabad are the four teams to have made it to the last four. Chennai Super Kings were the first team to seal their spot in the knockouts, followed by Delhi Capitals and Mumbai Indians. However, the battle for the fourth spot was not finalised until the last league game involving Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders at the Wankhede stadium. There was not only plenty at stake for Kolkata Knight Riders, but also for Sunrisers Hyderabad.In the end, Mumbai Indians did Sunrisers Hyderabad massive favour by beating Kolkata Knight Riders by nine wickets. The win not only knocked Kolkata Knight Riders out of the tournament, but it ensured Sunrisers Hyderabad had sealed the fourth and final spot. Both Kolkata Knight Riders and Sunrisers Hyderabad were level on 12 points, but Sunrisers Hyderabad’s brilliant net run-rate of +0.57 was more than enough to secure qualification ahead of both Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab.last_img read more

Cricket News ‘Gives to his country beyond duty’ – Sheldon Cottrell salutes MS Dhoni’s ‘love for his homeland’

first_imgMS Dhoni is an honourary Lieutenant Colonel in the Indian Territorial Army.Sheldon Cottrell trained with the Jamaican Defence Forces for six months.MS Dhoni also sported the Balidaan Insignia on his gloves during 2019 World Cup. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: Sheldon Cottrell, the West Indies left-arm pacer has entertained cricketing audiences the world over with his wicket celebrations. Each time Cottrell takes a wicket, be it in any format, he marches down the pitch and offers a salute towards the dressing room. In the past, Cottrell had explained the logic behind his celebrations stating that he was a soldier by profession. “It’s a military-style salute. I’m a soldier by profession. Me saluting is just to show my respect to the Jamaica Defence Force. I do it every time I get a wicket. I practised it for six months when I was training in the army,” Cottrell had told the BBC earlier in the year. Recently on Twitter, Cottrell has hailed former India skipper MS Dhoni not just for his cricketing skill but also for the love he has shown towards his country by sharing a video from 2018, when the Indian wicket-keeper batsman was conferred the Padma Bhushan, the country’s highest civilian award, by President Ramnath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.In a series of Tweets, Cottrell wrote, “This man is an inspiration on the cricket field. But he is also a patriot and a man that gives to his country beyond duty. I have been at home in Jamaica with my boys these past weeks and had time to reflect. I shared this video with friends and family because they know how I feel about honour but the moment between wife and husband truly shows an inspirational kind of love for country and partner. Please enjoy as I did.” highlights Cottrell and Dhoni are soldiers for their respective nations. While Cottrell undertook training with the Jamaican Defence Forces for six months, Dhoni is an honourary Lieutenant Colonel in the Territorial Army. He is also a qualified paratrooper after having completed five parachute training jumps.Also Read | Explained – India’s World Test Championship schedule and points structureDhoni, who opted out of the upcoming tour of the West Indies, will carry out patrolling and guard duties with troops during his 15-day stint with a Territorial Army battalion in the Kashmir Valley. He will be joining the 106 TA Battalion (Para) on July 31 and will continue until August 15.Also Read | Test championship is coming at the right time for cricket: Virat KohliRecently, Dhoni was in the news during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 when he was spotted wearing a ‘Balidaan’ badge on his gloves and the ICC requested the BCCI to get the symbol removed from Dhoni’s gloves. The #IndiaWithDhoni and #KeepTheGlove hashtags started trending on Twitter. Many people urged Dhoni to keep wearing the glove. Many media outlets, in the garb of hypernationalism, propagated that Dhoni should not let the ICC dictate terms and that he should keep the glove. Many others urged the ICC to focus on umpiring blunders and stay off Dhoni’s gloves.In the end, the ICC told the BCCI that the symbol was not permitted to be worn on his wicket-keeping gloves and the regulations do not permit any individual message or logo to be displayed on any items of clothing or equipment.last_img read more