To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Prior to the transfer, Cohen had been housed in a minimum-security camp at the facility, which is about 70 miles (110 km) northwest of New York City.Cohen, who once said he would “take a bullet” for Trump, was sentenced to three years in prison in 2018 for directing hush payments to pornographic film star Stormy Daniels and former Playboy model Karen McDougal, who claimed they had affairs with Trump. Trump has denied having the encounters.In March, Cohen pressed to be released early due to the coronavirus pandemic, which has hammered New York state and surfaced in prisons around the country.The US Bureau of Prisons said that as of Friday, 318 federal inmates and 163 staffers had tested positive for COVID-19, the respiratory illness caused by the new coronavirus. Five inmates and four staffers at Otisville have tested positive, according to the bureau.Adler said he is concerned that inmates and corrections officers are not routinely tested for the virus and said the bureau “may well be underreporting the incidence of the pandemic.”Cohen was placed in solitary after another inmate complained about his internet use, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters this week.He is eligible for release in November 2021.Topics : Michael Cohen, the former personal attorney to President Donald Trump, has been removed from solitary confinement in a federal prison where he is serving time for violating campaign finance laws, his attorney told Reuters on Saturday.Cohen was transferred on Wednesday to a Special Housing Unit at the Otisville Federal Correctional Institution in New York state, a disciplinary section of the prison, Reuters reported this week.Cohen’s attorney, Roger Adler, did not explain why Cohen had been moved out of solitary confinement. The facility did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Offshore driller Seadrill Limited expects to emerge from the Chapter 11 process in the first half of July 2018. The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas overseeing the Seadrill’s chapter 11 cases entered an order confirming the driller’s plan of reorganization in April.Since confirmation of the plan, the company has been preparing to close the plan transactions and satisfy conditions precedent, which will occur on the “Effective Date” of the plan anticipated to be in the first half of July 2018, Seadrill said in a statement on Thursday.Existing Seadrill Limited will be wound up and the new company with the reorganized capital structure will assume its name.“We plan to re-list the new company’s common stock on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Oslo Stock Exchange as before, retaining the same ticker symbols as before. Listing for both exchanges is expected to occur during July 2018, shortly after the effective date,” Seadrill said.The plan will result in the equitization of approximately $2.3 billion in unsecured bond obligations, more than $1 billion in contingent newbuild obligations, substantial unliquidated guaranty obligations, and more than $250 million in unsecured interest rate and currency swap claims, while leaving employee, customer, and ordinary trade claims largely unimpaired.On the effective date, the company will issue its equity, debt, and cash distributions.According to Seadrill, the plan will enable the company to emerge with a re-profiled capital structure and sufficient liquidity that puts the company in a strong position to execute its business plan.
LifeSite News 1 Oct 2012School posters produced as part of the Toronto District School Board’s “Safe and Positive Spaces” campaignhave raised the ire of critics who point out that, besides the expected promotion of homosexuality as normal, one of the posters appears to promote polygamy.The poster titled “Love has no gender” depicts washroom-sign-style stick men and stick women inside colorful hearts.Along with hearts that contain 2 stick men or 2 stick women, one heart has one man and 2 women while another has one woman and 2 men.Doretta Wilson, executive director of the Society for Quality Education, an Ontario-based education policy think-tank, told the National Post that the school board has “crossed the line” in its attempt to be politically correct.“I think the gut reaction of most parents is going to be, ‘Whoa, wait a minute, what are these being used for?’ ” Wilson said. “This is where parents who may be as tolerant as they come might say, ‘I think maybe we’ve now crossed a line.’ ”“There will be some schools in the city where the populations, the demographics, are going to be very upset with this… We’re trying to be so politically correct,” Ms. Wilson added. “We’ve gone so far to one end of the spectrum that now you do start insulting and offending people inadvertently.”…..However, spokesman for the TDSB, Ryan Bird, dismissed the criticism, insisting that the board does not support polygamy and the poster was aimed at educating students about gender-based discrimination and was “meant to show that a person can be attracted to more than one gender.”Bird added that “The goal of the campaign was to identify safe, welcoming and inclusive school spaces for all students,” and that the posters “went through the regular consultation and equity vetting process.”Another poster in the campaign depicts a school of colorful fish with the slogan “We’re here, we’re queer, we’re in your school.” Under the heading of “There are no rules for being a boy or a girl” another poster features crossed-dressed children, with the largest image of a young boy dressed in a bright orange wig, fuchsia dress and pink boots.http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/toronto-school-board-poster-promotes-polygamy
BATESVILLE, Ind. — Margaret Mary Health is joining hospitals around the region who are putting tighter restrictions on visitors to curb the spread of respiratory illnesses and the flu.The following precautionary restrictions apply to visitation at the Main Campus location.No visitation by anyone who is currently ill or has been ill within the last 48 hours with a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting or diarrhea.No visitation by anyone under the age of 14 – Children in this age group are more likely to be carrying viral or other contagious illnesses even if they are not showing active symptoms. Even if they do not get sick themselves, they can pass these illnesses on to our patients.In the Maternity Services unit, the hospital will make the exception of restrictions for a newborn’s sibling(s) who are well at the time of the visit, as deemed by the Maternity Services staffDuring flu season, families should limit the number of relatives and friends accompanying patients to hospital and/or doctor visits.
Raymond W. Prickel, age 68 of Sunman, died Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at University Hospital in Cincinnati. Born June 10, 1949 in Batesville, he is the son of Coletta (Nee: Bedel) and Alban Prickel. He married Joyce Donawerth August 12, 1972 at St. John’s Church in Harrison, Ohio. He served in the Army Reserves and was a member of St. Anthony’s Church in Morris.Ray loved to watch sports, Survivor and Big Brother. A big fan of Bobby Knight, he was a perfectionist and made sure everything was always in its’ place. The family will miss Ray’s stories, his laugh, his fixing all the things they’d break along with his advice from homework to farming to finances and gardening. The family also teased about his keeping the road clean from trash when out in the green truck.He is survived by his wife Joyce; daughters Shawna (Brian) Lyttle of Sunman, Shelley Prickel of Indianapolis; brothers Joe (Marlene) and Steve (Amy) Prickel, both of Batesville and his granddaughters Karsyn and Maesyn Lyttle. In addition to his parents, he is also preceded in death by his sister Ruth Ann Gehring.Visitation is Friday, June 1st, from 4 – 7 p.m. at the Weigel Funeral Home. Funeral services are 10 a.m. Saturday, June 2nd at St. Anthony’s Church with Rev. Shaun Whittington officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. The family requests memorials to the St. Anthony’s Cemetery fund.
Out of long and deep shadows, the Solvay football team emerged this fall in the most brilliant of manners, so it was only fitting that this turnaround ended with a Section III Class B championship.Leaning on its defense to make crucial plays and getting just enough points, the Bearcats defeated Oneida 14-7 Saturday night in the Dome at Syracuse University to win its first sectional title since 2002.“The past is the past,” said quarterback Brock Bagozzi. “This (championship) is very special. It was a great team effort, and we played the game we wanted.” “Sometimes you have to find a way to win,” said head coach Dan Salisbury. “We had a tremendous effort from everyone, and I’m proud of that.”Given the wild, high-scoring nature of so many of its landmark games this fall (including exciting wins over Marcellus, Homer, Cazenovia and New Hartford), it was surprising that the sectional final featured tremendous defense, on both sides.Solvay’s 14 points were the fewest it has scored this season, but it never trailed as, every time it was needed, the Bearcats were able to shut Oneida down. “We have a great defense,” said Bagozzi. “They saved me lots of times.”Led by the likes of Tyriq Block, Xzavier Morris, Jaimen Bliss and Isaiah Wright, the Bearcats smothered the Indians throughout the first half, twice stopping Oneida on drives into Solvay territory and not allowing a play longer than Jordan Clark’s 30-yard pass to Will Merrell.More importantly, the defense gave the Bearcats good field position throughout the first half. And though the Indians were plenty tough, Solvay did put together a 58-yard drive, mixing in runs and passes until Wright scored on a four-yard run early in the second quarter.Still, a 7-0 halftime lead was far from safe. Oneida had rallied from a deficit twice as large to defeat Marcellus in the sectional semifinals, so no one on Solvay’s sideline could afford to relax.And there was more reason to feel tense after Clark twice found Merrell on long rollout passes to set up Drew Smith’s 11-yard touchdown run that, with Smith’s extra point, tied it 7-7 in the third quarter.Yet if the Bearcats ever let that pressure show, it didn’t take long to answer as, with Wright and Franklin pounding it on the ground, Solvay went 67 yards, but when it faced third-and-goal on the Oneida eight early in the final period, it resorted to something quite familiar to old-time Syracuse football fans.Bagozzi, again under pressure by a tough Solvay pass rush that had bothered him all night and took away his deep passing game, rolled right, but then threw left – where Justin Scott was standing alone in the end zone, easily grabbing the go-ahead score.Twice in the fourth quarter, Oneida crossed midfield. Both times, Solvay stopped them on fourth down, one with a clutch tackle from three defenders, the other on a pass broken up by Franklin.Still, it wasn’t sealed until, on third-and-eight near midfield in the waning minutes and the Indians out of timeouts, Bagozzi again turned to Scott for a 16-yard pass for a clutch first down.That allowed the Bearcats to run out the clock- and celebrate its long-awaited return to glory with a large contingent of Solvay fans that had traveled the 6.5 miles to the Dome they had all talked about since the summer.Two more wins are needed if the 10-0 Bearcats are to return to the Dome to play for a state title. And that includes next Saturday’s regional final against Section IV champion (and state no. 1-ranked) Chenango Forks at Vestal High School, near Binghamton.No matter what happens there, said Salisbury, “we’ll enjoy this one.”They had a right to. Solvay had waited long enough.Share this:FacebookTwitterLinkedInRedditComment on this Story Tags: footballSolvay
Erling Braut Haaland continued his remarkable scoring form this season with two more goals to give Borussia Dortmund the advantage over Paris St-Germain in their Champions League last-16 tie.The 19-year-old Norwegian showed two distinct sides of his impressive game with two second-half strikes – the first a predatory finish after Raphael Guerreiro’s shot was blocked and the second a left-footed thunderbolt from 20 yards.They took his tally for the season to a stunning 39 goals in only 29 appearances, and 11 in seven since joining Dortmund in January.In between the Haaland goals, Neymar briefly drew the visitors level, slotting in a low Kylian Mbappe cross on his return following four matches out with a rib injury.But he was outshone by Haaland, who gave the German side the result their positive display deserved and a narrow lead to take to the Parc des Princes for the second leg on 11 March.Take a look at the highlights from SuperSport below: Tags: Borussia DortmundErling HaalandPSGUEFA Champions League Source: BBC Sport
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisAlpena- The TBTA is offering holiday trolley tours through Downtown Alpena.The tours will take place next Thursday (12/21) and Friday (12/22) beginning at 6:00pm at the TBTA Center. Complimentary hot cocoa and treats will be available before the tours begin. The tour will last right around 45 minutes and there will be caroling on board! The cost is $3 adults and $1 for children. To reserve your spot, call 989-354-2487.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisContinue ReadingPrevious Exchange Club of Alpena Wraps Toys for KidsNext MidMichigan Health Requiring Masks for Employees Without a Flu Shot
Though the report is honest in saying that is going to be a very tough task.With Minnesota moving up to No. 6, it should also be noted the Timberwolves have been actively exploring options to move off Andrew Wiggins’ contract, per league sources. Although that will prove a difficult task.— Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer) June 20, 2019Wiggins’ five-year, $147 million extension kicked in last season. Related News Minnesota owes him about $27 million in 2019-20, $29 million in ’20-21, $31 million in ’21-22 and $33 million in ’22-23.Wiggins is coming off of two of his worst years statistically averaging 17.7 points in 2017-18 and 18.1 in 2018-19.He shot a career-worst 41.2 percent from the field last season. Minnesota picked up the No. 6 pick in the draft on Thursday for the No. 12 pick and Dario Saric.It is unclear who it will pick but North Carolina guard Coby White is likely to be available as is Texas Tech’s Jarrett Culver who could serve as Wiggins’ replacement.Culver also could present a good compliment to Wiggins if the team cannot move him. He would give the Timberwolves a good defensive guard alongside Wiggins, who is solid defensively. NBA Draft 2019 rumors: Timberwolves move up to No. 6, send No. 11, Dario Saric to Suns The Timberwolves don’t want anything more to do with Andrew Wiggins’ contract.Minnesota is actively looking to move the 6-8 wing and his massive deal, according to Sports Illustrated.